Friday, April 22, 2011

Artist: Karin Dreijer Andersson

I recently discovered an amazing voice from Sweden. It wasn't her voice that attracted me to her though. It was photos of her. I quickly realized she wasn't a model, but a singer... an artist in fact. Not all singers are artists in my opinion. I won't go into detail with my reasons, but the artist I am speaking of is Karin Dreijer Andersson. Funny, we both share the same name, which is not all that surprising since I was named after a Swedish woman named Karin. 


So how did she catch my attention exactly? Well, take a look at the photos below. She has been compared to Lady Gaga, although I would say there is no comparison because they are in two completely different genres. Actually Karin is a part of two genres herself and the two bands she is in, Fever Ray and The Knife are incomparable. Anyway, she likes to be unique in her image and therefore Lady Gaga comes in. I love her uniqueness and style and that is what drew me in. Her song "The Wolf" with Fever Ray was the main song for the movie, "Red Riding Hood". Click here to listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment