Thursday, January 19, 2012

Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2012

Always elegant, with beautiful tailoring, a perfect palette, spot on with the attention to detail and overall a beautifully crafted collection with major trends. First off is the dress/skirt with pants/cropped pants look. Not always a favourite of mine, but somehow Sarah Burton makes it work effortlessly. Second off is the accentuated waistlines, complimented with belts and very form fitting blazers. Thirdly, within the attention to detail, I noticed somewhat of a flare or poof in the flow of the fabric. Hard to explain, but I really like it. It's not just a straight line cut, it's more of a flow, beautifully executed. I feel like each piece is a work of art in itself and the details are so wonderfully done. One thing I disliked, is the use of velvet. Velvet seems to be reappearing in the list of fabrics for designers and in my personal opinion, it is the cheapest looking fabric. It does not scream high fashion to me even when presented as Alexander McQueen. Overall, I really liked this collection, but there are definitely some pieces that I didn't enjoy as much.



No comments:

Post a Comment