Monday, April 17, 2017

Fashion Art Toronto: Launch Party



It's been a few years since I've blogged on this account. Usually I would blog about the latest collections from the runways of the world, but this week I am dedicating my blog to Fashion Art Toronto. I've always been fascinated by the Toronto fashion scene and this week I finally get to see it live and in person on the runway. I have a few friends on Facebook who are involved in this event and when I saw there was a launch party at Offsite, I felt I needed to go and see what it was all about. 
The actual event is taking place April 18 - 22 at Daniels Spectrum and I will be attending because I won a contest from Fashion Savage blog. I am looking forward to seeing all of the amazing designs and experiencing my first ever runway that I am not walking in. Yes, I used to model for local designers Joy Couture, Fashion Whore, SXE FX and the store Nearly Naked in downtown Toronto. I loved walking the runway, it was such a rush and so much fun. So I look forward to being on the other side and viewing the latest innovative designs from many local designers, including Amplify Apparel, House of Etiquette, Justine Latour, Masha Apparel, Mister Miguel, Odain, Raven Court Clothing, Sarah Splinter Designs, Stephen M. Loban (who I've worked with previously), Tyrell, Vanika, Uncuffed Leather and many more.

So on Friday night, I got dressed up in an all-black outfit including pleather pants, a strappy bralette and a transparent button-up with a slit in the back. Put on some black heels and headed out to see what the night held. I have to admit, I was nervous as I didn't know anyone there and I'm basically a nobody in the fashion industry, but I was very excited too.
 Checking out the beautiful photographs featured on the wall of Offsite. 

Offsite 
  
Can't wait to attend FAT2017! Thank you for an amazing launch party, it was a great night with beautiful people! I need to start planning what I'm going to wear this week xo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment